The past couple years Matcha lattes have started getting extremely popular due to Matcha Green Tea’s incredible health benefits and it’s ability to blend excellently with milk. Today you can find Matcha green tea lattes in more and more cafes all over the country and even Starbucks.
Wherever you buy your favorite Matcha latte though, one thing is certain. They are rather pricey (between $3 to $5 each). But did you know that for the same price as few of these lattes you can buy some good quality cafe grade Matcha green tea and very easily make your own lattes? – A lot of them!
You don’t have to a be a barista or have any special equipment to make a Green Tea latte. It’s easy and fun! All you need is imagination and a Matcha whisk!
In this post www.1001TeaFacts.com wants to share with you an easy Matcha latte recipe made with coconut milk. Its exotic taste will enthrall your taste buds!
MATCHA COCONUT LATTE
(for one serving)
- 1 tbsp cafe grade Matcha Green Tea powder
- ¼ cup hot water
- ¼ cup coconut milk warmed
- maple syrup to sweeten (optional)
- Sift your matcha so it is lump-free
- Pour your Matcha powder into a large mug.
- Add the hot water and coconut milk and whisk rapidly in up and down motion for about 30 seconds or until your mixture is frothy.
- You may add additional water, coconut milk or honey to sweeten as you desire.