In the summertime we want to cut down on caffeine and consume more fresh fruits, vegetables and juices. And what’s a better way to enjoy these healthy greens than a big cool smoothie!!
Smoothies are full of vitamins, they are delicious and very easy to make. All you need is your greens and a blender!
In this recipe www.1001TeaFacts.com has a great recipe to share! We combined some favorite vegetables, fruits, some ginger and of course some Matcha Green Tea and we loved it! This smoothie is fruity and spicy with a hint of green tea flavor! And of course it is vegan and gluten-free!
(for 1-2 servings)
- ½ an avocado
- 1 apple
- 1 teaspoon of Matcha Green Tea
- 1-2 cups of almond milk
- ½” piece of ginger peeled
- a handful of fresh spinach leaves
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- a few ice cubes
- Slice your avocado, ginger and apple
- Throw the apple and ginger slices, the kale, the the lemon juice and the Matcha tea into a high-powered blender (I use the Vitamix) and blend on high until the kale leaves are well liquified.
- If you prefer your smoothie cold you can add in a couple of ice cubes
- Then add your avocado and 1 cup of almond milk and blend until smooth. If your smoothie looks too thick, you can add your second cup of almond milk.
- Pour into your glass and pour some nutmeg
Are you trying this? What is your favorite green tea smoothie?