There is nothing better to accompany your afternoon cup of tea than a slice of fluffy and fruity cake. Who doesn’t like cake after all? If you like vanilla cake and orange flavor then this recipe that I have to suggest is for you! It’s very easy to make and very tasty!
- 2½ cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1½ cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup orange tea infusion (1 cup water, 1 teaspoon orange tea)
- 1/3 cup non-dairy milk (I use almond milk)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup crushed almond
- 1/4 cup orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon rosewater
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 400˚F.
- Coat a cake pan with coconut oil.
- Make a cup of orange tea by bringing one cup of water to a boil and adding 1 teaspoon of your orange tea blend. Steep for 5 minutes and strain the leaves.
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, sea salt, baking powder, cinnamon, orange zest, crushed almonds.
- In a small bowl combine the eggs, orange tea and coconut oil.
- Add the rosewater and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix well.
- Pour your mix into the greased pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until your cake is cooked in the center.
What kind of cake is your favorite cake to accompany your tea? Leave us a comment below..