Who can say “no” to a nice piece of pound cake? Sweet and buttery, this rich cake made traditionally with a pound of butter, flour, eggs, and sugar is a favorite dessert among many of us. The recipe can be interpreted in different flavors, from simple sour cream and chocolate ones to exotic fruity ones.
One innovative twist to the already delicious cake is of course the addition of Matcha green tea powder! After all, everything being touched by this amazing and absolutely healthy powder turns into gold.. green gold!
Here, I will share with you one of the simplest recipes for Matcha pound cake that will make you drool. This cake has a rich buttery taste and it’s pleasantly -but not overly sweet- with a subtle green tea flavor. It is crispy on the outside but perfectly moist inside! If you want the grassy matcha flavor to be more pronounced you can use some extra matcha powder. You can top it off with any kind of frosting you like but it’s simply amazing as it is.
This is a great piece of cake to have with a cup of matcha or any kind of tea you may like!
Ingredients (for 1 loaf)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbs Matcha green tea (kitchen grade)
- Preheat oven at 340 degress F and grease a loaf pan with butter.
- Cream your butter in a bowl.
- Add your sugar in the butter and mix well.
- Beat your eggs and then gradually add them in the sugar-butter mix while stirring up well.
- In another bowl sift flour, baking powder and matcha powder together, then add it to your egg mixture and blend until well combined.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until the surface reaches a golden brown color.
Have you ever tried Matcha green tea pound cake?