Who doesn’t like pancakes for breakfast? Pancakes have been a favorite breakfast among almost everyone and for a very long time. It’s one of the most popular kinds of food ordered in breakfast restaurants or made at home.
They are very easy to make, very tasty, can be accompanied with almost anything – from bacon and sausage to fruits, chocolate and syrup – and keep your tummy full for plenty of time.
But you know what can make your pancakes even more unique and tasty? Matcha Green Tea of course! Just a tiny small amount of this magical green tea powder can add an unbelievably smooth texture and refreshing green tea flavor to your breakfast plate. This awesome recipe by The Healthy Foodie is totally easy to follow, it is delicious and gluten-free!
We tried them, we loved them and now I suggest that you try them too!
MATCHA GREEN TEA COCONUT PANCAKES
(for 1 serving):
- ⅓ cup coconut flour
- 1 tbsp Matcha Green Tea powder
- 6 egg whites (¾ cup)
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 tbsp honey (or maple syrup)
- 2 tbsp plain greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp liquid honey
- 1 tbsp cooked or canned Black soy beans
- 1 tbsp chopped pistachio
- Combine your dry ingredients in a bowl or food processor.
- Add the buttermilk, egg whites and honey and blend until your ingredients are well combined.
- Coat a non stick pan with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat.
- When pan is hot enough, slowly pour about ¼ of a cup per pancake and cook until the tops have a golden brown color and the edges look cooked well enough.
- Delicately flip the pancakes and cook until this side is golden and then put them in low temp oven to keep warm until you are done cooking the remaining pancakes.
- When you are finished cooking them stack them in a plate
- You can garnish with a big scoop of yogurt, some cooked black soy beans, some pistachio and a drizzle of honey or syrup.