There is nothing better than a tall glass of iced tea in a hot summer day. It is tasty, refreshing and rejuvenating and can be enjoyed in so many different flavors and any time of the day. So we all enjoy our iced tea but we there is something annoying about it. It eventually waters down and it loses its full flavor.
Watery iced tea has no place on our table but www.1001TeaFacts.com has the solution to that. Replace regular ice cubes with iced tea cubes and Voila! No more watered down iced tea. Once your ice cubes melt your tea will still taste great and flavorful. And what you can do to make your glass of tea even more delicious and presentable is add fresh fruit slices or flowers to your ice cube tray! Everyone will love your tea!
So here is a very easy recipe on how to make your own ice tea cubes!!
- 2 cups of water
- 3 tsp herbal tea
- 5 cherries
- a few basil leaves
- a few flower petals (optional)
- 2 tsp honey (optional)
- Bring water to a boil and add your tea leaves. Let sleep for 3-4 minutes.
- Set your tea aside to cool down.
- Cut your cherries in small pieces.
- Place the cherry pieces, basil leaves and flower petals in the ice cube tray.
- Pour your brewed tea into the tray until it is filled.
- Freeze for 4-5 hours.
- Add your iced tea cubes to your favorite iced tea, juice, water or cocktails.