Are you looking for a flavorful iced tea to quench your thirst and refresh yourselves? A ready-make bottled iced tea is good but nothing can’t compare to a homemade aromatic jasmine iced tea prepared with premium tea leaves and fresh ingredients.
In this post, an amazing recipe to suggest for the most tasty and invigorating Jasmine Green iced tea ever. It is made with Jasmine Yin Hao (meaning ‘Silver Tip’), a deeply fragrant Chinese green tea, infused with jasmine multiple times over to create a floral aroma and soft, full-bodied and sweet flavor. It also contains fresh ginger pieces and lemon juice for a more fruity and revitalizing flavor with a hint of spiciness.
It is topped with a mountain of ice and fresh mint leaves for an even more chilling experience!
If you need a drink to wake you up and keep you cool while spoiling your taste buds this iced tea is a must-try!
Ingredients (Makes 6-8 servings)
- 4 tsp of jasmine green tea (or 4 teabags)
- 8 cups water
- 3 small pieces of ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup honey
- 4 lemons
- fresh mint leaves to garnish
- lemon slices to garnish
- Bring your water to a boil and remove from heat.
- Once it has cooled down just a bit, add your tea bags or loose leaves and the ginger in and let steep for 4 minutes. (Remember if your water is boiling hot and you steep for too long your tea will be bitter).
- Add your honey and mix up.
- Remove the tea bags or tea leaves (with a strainer) and the ginger pieces and place in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours or until chilled.
- Squeeze your lemons into a large glass pitcher and pour in your chilled tea. Stir up.
- Add some fresh lemon slices and peppermint leaves to garnish and top with lots of ice and serve in mason jars.
Are you trying this?
Tip: You can sweeten this tea with the sweetener of your choice however honey compliments the taste better.