Winter is the most cozy season of the year. There are so many reasons to celebrate it. Big, heavy coats and long sweaters, movie nights at home with warm beverages and good food, and lots of cuddles! Nobody could ask for more!
But there is a downside to it too unfortunately.
Colds, flu and everything that comes with them such as fever, aches, pains, cough, or sore throats. Nobody wants to feel under the weather so in this post. I am going to share with you a powerful herbal tea recipe that you can prepare at home to help you fight colds and the flu and its unwanted symptoms.
This flu fighting tea combines echinacea, an herb that has been used for centuries for the cure of many ailments and illnesses, ginger root which is know as an immune system booster, spices for a more warm flavor and aroma, fresh lemon juice and honey for some extra vitamins and sweetness!
This tea will keep you healthy all winter so you must definitely give it a try!!
Powerful Anti Flu Tea
- 2 cups of water (filtered)
- 1 tbs organic echinacea
- 4 slices fresh organic ginger root
- 3 tablespoons organic lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 2 tablespoons Manuka honey
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon organic cloves
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- In a pot bring your water to a boil. Add your echinacea, ginger slices and cloves and shimmer for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and strain your tea. Add your cinnamon and let your tea sit for a minute. Add the lemon juice, honey and cinnamon and stir well.
- Enjoy and stay healthy this winter!!
What kind of tea do you use yourself to fight flu symptoms?
I would love to know!