Whether you are looking for a drink to refresh and invigorate you or to protect you from colds and fill you up with energy, green tea is the way to go. Green tea is simply amazing but did you know that besides a load of health benefits and great taste, it is immensely beautifying too?
Rich in vitamins and antioxidants, green tea can be used in so many ways to benefit your hair too and as the winter approaches you should care extra for it.
In this post, I am going to give you a very simple recipe for a green tea rinse you can use to protect your hair and keep it shiny and healthy in the cold and dry winter months. This rinse also included amazing apple cider vinegar and honey that are also known to be excellent beautifiers!
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tsp of green tea or 1 teabag
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar (I use Bragg)
- 1 tsp honey
- sterilized plastic spray bottle
- Bring water to a boil. Remove from heat and add tea or teabag.
- Let steep for 10-15 minutes. Let cool down completely and add your honey. Mix well.
- Add your steeped tea in the bottle and add the apple cider vinegar.
- Shake well.
- You can store in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.
You can use your green tea spray on wet hair after you wash your hair and scalp and massage it. Let it sit for a few minutes and rinse off. You can do this treatment once or twice a week for your best hair ever!
Have you ever used tea for hair rinses? What kind and how have you used it?