Source: recipe & images: eatthriveglow
There is nothing better than a nice, thick and smooth butter spread on a warm bagel in the morning. Nut butters are delicious and nutritious at the same time and should be included in everybody’s diet. They make a perfect addition to our breakfast and a filling snack.
They are also very easy to make at home and very inexpensive too. I was looking into recipes for nut butters that could be good candidates for tea sandwiches when I stumbled upon this recipe that combines my two all time favorites! Matcha green tea and macadamia nuts! I love macadamia nuts and of course I love matcha green tea so I just had to try this recipe -which by the way is extremely simple- and share it in this post! This nut butter is rich in vitamins since it contains three super foods, macadamia nuts, matcha, coconut oil and maple syrup and is also gluten free and vegan!
For this recipe I used Matcha Source Cafe grade Gotcha Matcha which has been the matcha of my choice for most of my recipes for a while now. I also used organic coconut oil and manuka honey to sweeten it.
I suggest you try this amazing butter on a warm bagel or cookies or with some fruit!
MATCHA MACADAMIA NUT BUTTER
INGREDIENTSfor 1 jar
- 2 cups macadamia nuts
- ¼ cup organic coconut oil
- 1 tsp Matcha green tea
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or honey (I used Manuka)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spread raw macadamia nuts onto a cookie sheet and roast in the oven for 10 minutes.
- After the nuts cool, process in food processor until finely ground.
- Add matcha, coconut oil, and maple syrup to the food processor and process until smooth. You may need to scrape down the sides every few minutes. If the mixture looks dry, keep processing, it will eventually turn creamy.
- Refrigerate until the matcha macadamia nut butter thickens to desired consistency.