Chamomile tea is the first homemade remedy we reach for when confronted with a cold or the flu. It also makes a great natural antidote to sleeping issues, stress and anxiety. But besides it being a great herbal medicine with relaxing properties, it is also great for your skin and hair.
Yes, our favorite herbal tea, rich in antioxidants, can be an amazing skin and hair health promoter! In this post you will find 13 surprising benefits of chamomile tea for your precious skin and hair and how you can use it to care for it.
Chamomile Tea Skin Benefits
The beauty benefits of chamomile tea are endless if applied regularly. Chamomile is absolutely safe and gentle to be used by everyone -even babies- and the results will surprise you if you add it to your daily skin regimen.
1. Chamomile tea is abundant in anti-oxidants and flavonoids with high moisturizing and nourishing compounds essential for treating numerous skin related issues like psoriasis, eczema, ulcer, swelling, and other similar skin diseases. Chamomile tea has also anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory properties, making it effective in treating inflammation caused by skin lesions.
2. When it comes to wound treatment, chamomile tea stimulates the healing process. Moreover, the chamomile tea can cure irritation and serve as a disinfectant for the minor injuries.
3. Chamomile tea also serves as a mild skin lightener as its natural extracts are potent enough to lighten your complexion by helping you regain more vibrant, youthful, glowing skin.
4. Chamomile tea is the best-proven remedy for treating itchy and inflamed skin while soothing skin rashes and skin irritation.
5. The chamomile tea when applied topically could eliminate acne, scars and blemishes with strong antioxidants and anxiolytic compounds that promise to prevent your acne from recurring.
6. The potent antioxidants of chamomile leaf extract offer the great protection against free radical damage and premature aging of your skin.
7. Placing cool chamomile tea bags under your eyes can sooth them and provide relaxation while reducing the dryness and puffiness of eyes.
8. You could mix chamomile tea with sugar, powdered milk or olive oil to make your own face scrub which you can massage on your cleansed face to eliminate dry and dead skin cells while recuperating the vibrant, supple and younger looking skin.
9. Chamomile tea is an ideal moisturizer for skin, it nourishes and enhance your skin appearance on regular usage. You can use it as a toner after cleaning your face morning and night.
10. Chamomile can soften and cleanse your face without irritating or drying it. It is gentle enough for even the most sensitive skin types.
Chamomile Tea Hair Benefits
11. By applying chamomile tea to the hair strands, you can give your hairs an instant and bright natural tone. Combine it with honey and olive oil and apply to individual hair strands to make natural highlights for dark hair as well.
12. Chamomile tea makes a wonderful hair lightener. Add a tea bag of chamomile tea in water and boil it to get a mixture. After cooling apply the mixture to your hair and let dry in the sun. Rinse your hair with a conditioner and you’ll get a light golden highlight to your hair strands.
13. Chamomile tea is also beneficial for hair especially scalp. It’s moisturizing, and nourishing preservatives are effective against the itching and irritation caused by dandruff on dry scalp.
Have you ever used chamomile for your hair and skin care?